Effective May 8, 2019 House Bill 793 was passed in the legislative session, see below for HB No 793
AN ACT relating to certain government contracts with companies that boycott Israel.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 2270.001(2), Government Code, as added by Chapter 1 (H.B. 89), Acts of the 85th Legislature, Regular Session, 2017, is amended to read as follows:
(2) "Company" has the meaning assigned by Section 808.001, except that the term does not include a sole proprietorship.
SECTION 2. Section 2270.002, Government Code, as added by Chapter 1 (H.B. 89), Acts of the 85th Legislature, Regular Session, 2017, is amended to read as follows:
Sec. 2270.002. PROVISION REQUIRED IN CONTRACT. (a) This section applies only to a contract that:
(1) is between a governmental entity and a company with 10 or more full-time employees; and
(2) has a value of $100,000 or more that is to be paid wholly or partly from public funds of the governmental entity.
(b) A governmental entity may not enter into a contract with a company for goods or services unless the contract contains a written verification from the company that it:
(1) does not boycott Israel; and
(2) will not boycott Israel during the term of the contract.
Information on this page was provided to us
The Goodbuy Purchasing Cooperative has reviewed the changes in this law and have implemented a plan of action to ensure our current and forthcoming awarded vendors are in compliance with the revised Statute.